The Big Sky Resort Area District is considering applications for infrastructure projects pursuant to the passage of Montana Senate Bill no. 241 on May 2, 2019. A qualifying project is one that provides “tangible facilities or assets related to water, sewer, wastewater treatment, storm water, solid waste and utilities systems, fire protection, ambulance and law enforcement, roads, bridges and other transportation needs.”
All applications must be physically delivered to the Big Sky Resort Area District office at 11 Lone Peak Drive, Suite #204, Big Sky, MT 59716, or mailed to P.O. Box 160661, Big Sky, MT 59716 and postmarked by December 23, 2019. An additional copy should also be sent via email to email@example.com by December 23, 2019. Applications are available on the District’s website, or upon request to the District, or by visiting the District’s office.
A project application must contain the following information:
- Name and address of the project applicant;
- Designated contact person and contact information for project applicant;
- A description of the qualifying project;
- The total cost of the qualifying project; and
- Timeline for construction of the qualifying project including the projected date of commencement and date of completion.
The application must ensure the District does not “commit cumulative annual debt service payments that exceed 70% of the revenue raised from an additional resort tax levy for infrastructure.”