The Big Sky Resort Area District is seeking a Communications and Community Engagement Manager to facilitate the day-to-day communication of public information. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with a desire to support the Big Sky community. Success in this role requires strong communication skills, organization, relationship management, and event promotion. This role will monitor public sentiment, thus informing the District to further support decision-making.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a thoughtful plan and budget for short and long-term public information goals.
- Creation and implementation of an annual District engagement plan.
- Work closely with contractors and others to ensure execution of communication plan.
- Identify and present opportunities for consistency in messaging across channels.
- Write and edit copy for distribution of public information.
- Answer to requests for information from media outlets.
- Respond to public inquiries and work with staff to provide answers to questions.
- Representation of the District at public meetings, events, forums, and presentations.
- Manage and create online content and messaging including websites, e-newsletters, social media, and more.
- Monitor analytics of websites, e-newsletters, social media, and more.
- Regular maintenance of distribution lists (mailing and digital).
- Promote District events including large public meetings and other community events.
- Establish and grow a photo collection for use in digital and printed materials.
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed.
- Support board/staff orientations and District elections.
- Execute projects as directed by management and see the projects through to completion.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in management and communication
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects promptly
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with website and e-newsletter software
- Attention to detail
- Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
- Great multitasker and capable of simultaneously managing multiple projects with different deadlines
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Government or Non-Profit environment preferred
- Familiar with the Big Sky community
This is a salary position generally working 40 hours per week during a five-day work week. Office hours are typically Monday-Friday from 9 am to 5 pm but working hours may vary based on events, meetings, and other occasions. The position requires working in the office at least two days a week with remote work allowed at the discretion of the supervisor based on business activity. Salary ranges from $75,000-$85,000 DOE. Position includes generous PTO, matched retirement, medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness stipend.
To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, position is open until filled.
About Big Sky Resort Area District
In 1992, the general electorate of the Big Sky Resort Area voted to adopt a Resort Tax to be charged on “luxury” goods and services not deemed “necessities of life.” In 1998, the general electorate of the Big Sky Resort Area voted to create a District for local administration of the Resort Tax. Resort Tax is collected and remitted by local businesses operating within the District. The locally elected Board of 5 volunteer Directors strategically invests funds to address critical community needs. The District is administered by a small paid staff hired by the Board of Directors.