Applications for FY22 funding were due on Thursday, April 15th. The Board of Directors is currently reviewing all applications submitted in preparation for the review meetings in June.
We invite you to participate in this year’s application process by reviewing the requests and reading project applications. Then share public comment for the projects that are important to our community. The District’s locally elected Board uses your feedback to help guide them in making strategic community investments. We live in the era of social media and technology; while it might seem logical to vocalize your opinion through social channels — it misses the mark to truly voice your opinion. We have made it easier than ever to make your voice heard.
Share public comment by emailing Info@ResortTax.org or by attending District meetings via Zoom.
Suggestions for productive public comment:
- Include your full name and your address.
- Share your feedback for projects and their outcomes.
- For example: I support x project because it does y for the greater good of Big Sky.
- Broad-based feedback for organizations does not communicate to the District why a project is important and therefore, how project outcomes meet community needs.
- For example: I support x organization, fully fund (does not communicate project outcomes.)
To share public comment with the District:
Prior to meetings:
- Please email email@example.com by noon on Friday, June 4th and your comment will be included in the Board Packet.
During the meeting:
- Join the Zoom meeting.
- “Raise Your Hand” (or use *9 if you join via phone) to share your public comment. A staff member will allow you to speak to the Board when the Chairman calls for public comment.
- Or use the “Chat” feature and a staff member will read your comment aloud.
- Comments on the Facebook live stream WILL NOT be accepted as public comment and will not be addressed by the District.