Each year, the District awards funds for critical projects that make our community such a spectacular place to live and work. Our funding decisions amidst COVID-19 will require us to make strategic investments through fiscally responsible decision-making. To do so, the District has temporarily moved funding decisions into 6-month cycles (spring and fall.) We invite the Big Sky community to engage in our ‘virtual’ process, send comments to Info@ResortTax.org, and make public comment at the meetings.
The FY21 Fall Application Review and Award Decision meetings will be held remotely using Zoom and live-streamed on the Explore Big Sky Facebook page. To view Applications visit: ResortTax.org/funding
- Tuesday, November 10 @ 5:30 pm | Application Review and Q&A Session (Virtual)
- Thursday, November 12 @ 5:30 pm | Final Application Review Session (Virtual)
Suggestions for productive public comment:
- Include your full name and your address.
- Share your feedback for projects and their outcomes.
- For example: I support x project because it does y for the greater good of Big Sky.
- Broad based feedback for organizations does not communicate to the District why a project is important and therefore, how project outcomes meet community need.
- For example: I support x organization, fully fund (does not communicate project outcomes.)
- If you are sharing written comment, please submit prior to the October 29 deadline.
- Review FY21 Project Applications HERE>
To share public comment with the District:
Prior to the November meetings:
- Please email email@example.com by Thursday, October 29 at 12pm (noon) and your comment will be included in the Board Packet.
During the meeting:
- Join the Zoom meeting.
- “Raise Your Hand” (or use *9 if you join via phone) to share your public comment. A staff member will allow you to speak to the Board when the Chairman calls for public comment.
- Or use the “Chat” feature and a staff member will read your comment aloud.
- Comments on the Facebook live stream WILL NOT be accepted as public comment and will not be addressed by the District.